Child & Family Services of the Upper Peninsula
Serving Children and Families in Michigan's Upper Peninsula Since 1919
BEFORE & AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM AIDE POSITION
Number of Positions: 4-6
Date needed: 9/4/18 (Availability needed prior for Interview and Orientation)
Times needed: Before and after school hours. 6:30am – 9:15am and 3:30pm– 5:30pm or
6:00pm (depending on the site). Monday through Friday following the public school schedules.
You do not need to be available for all hours. We will work around class schedules. (Please
provide your schedule) Consistent shifts need to be filled as well as other times needed for
subs. Programs run with the Public Schools calendars NOT the NMU calendar. Consider this
Qualifications: Must be 18 years old. Must be able to pass necessary background checks
and fingerprinting. Must be willing to commute to ALL of our sites (Marquette, Harvey and
Negaunee). Having reliable transportation is a must. Experience working with children is
Duties: Care for children during before and after school hours. Assist Program Coordinators
with providing a quality program to children ages 5-12 years old.
How to apply: Print off an application on our website or contact Margaret Rogers, Program
Administrator, at email@example.com for more information.
CHILD WELFARE SUPERVISOR
Classification: Exempt. Salaried Position
Supervisor: Executive Director
A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in human behavioral
science is required. Master’s Degree Preferred.
1. Four years working in a child welfare agency, a child caring institution, or an
agency performing child welfare functions, if the person carries a bachelor’s degree in
human behavior science. Three years’ experience in the above named agency type is
required if they maintain a master’s degree.
2. Experience as a supervisor preferred.
3. Must possess computer skills and have the ability to write reports, and give verbal reports.
4. Must have demonstrated skills to resolve problems, and handle complaints or requests.
5. Have the ability to work in a team environment and lead meetings.
6. Have worked within and grasp web-based data systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Oversee Foster Care, Adoptions and Foster Home Licensing, ensuring State policies and
procedures are being followed.
2. Consult with case managers regarding adoptions and foster care cases.
3. Work within, problem solve, and train others in the DHHS MISACWIS.
4. Review Foster Care service plans, child evaluations and family assessments.
5. Review licensing reports, case records, legal files.
6. Crisis Management & problem solving.
7. Meet with DHS Supervisors regarding case issues.
8. Attend TDM meetings as required.
9. Supervise, train and complete written evaluations of assigned staff to assure quality
of their services.
10. Conduct intake and assign clients to staff.
11. Promote child welfare and family services through community education and
12. Be a liaison with other community agencies.
Perform other tasks and duties as assigned.
Completed Applications and/or resumes can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
or mailed to:
Child and Family Services of the U.P., Inc.
Child Welfare Supervisor
706 Chippewa Square, Suite 105
Marquette, MI 49855
|706 Chippewa Square, Suite 200
Marquette, MI 49855
Phone: (906) 228-4050
Fax: (906) 228-2153